The LQBA is pleased to announce that its state championship tournament will once again take place at LSU-Baton Rouge. Many teams have already indicated to us their intention to attend. If you have not yet registered, please contact the tournament director, J.R. Barry, at email@example.com to do so. The registration fee for teams that pay by January 31 is $60. The fee is $75 after that date.
PO Box 77074
Baton Rouge, LA 70879
1. Tournament Day Check-in will be from 7:45am to 8:15am on Saturday, March 16. As we did last year, report to Coates Hall on Tower Drive in the heart of the LSU campus. The Coates Hall parking lot is clearly indicated by LSU signage.
2. Since this tournament is sponsored by our coaches association, many of you will be asked to help set up tournament rooms with your buzzer systems. Please do bring a working buzzer system with you as we will need many systems and many backups to get though this event.
3. The tournament will use the same rules as last year. Matches will be 20 tossups and 20 3-part bonuses. Rules will follow NAQT rules except that matches will be untimed and ties will be broken through sudden-death on the first toss-up answered correctly.
4. The 2019 tournament will feature two divisions as in past years. The Tournament Director will divide our schools into two divisions based primarily on school enrollment figures as given by the LHSAA. Every effort will be made to avoid using byes in the schedules unless we end up with an odd number of teams. Note: the two divisions will probably NOT feature the exact same number of teams.
5. LQBA will also conduct a drawing for one school to win a new Anderson buzzer system. This will be done just before we enter into our single elimination playoffs and a representative of your school must be present to win. LQBA Board members are ineligible for this prize.
6. We will be providing lunch for everyone in attendance for $5 per person. Lunch will include pizza, dessert, and water. We encourage all teams to participate so the tournament can run on time.